2002 Roster Problem

Posts about my (or anybody else's) rosters for NHL games should go here.

Moderator: Owen

capn89

2002 Roster Problem

Post by capn89 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:00 pm

DSgamby sent me here from cyber http://www.cyber-nhl.net/forums/index.p ... ntry549964 <---- read about the problem there.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I'll attach my roster as soon as I figure out how to, I don't see a button for it.

capn89

Post by capn89 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:18 pm

http://sigdepot.nhldepot.org/8Blink9/nhl2k000.dbf

^^^ there's a link to my roster. Check it out, tell me what I seriously screwed up to cause the random crashing if you can. Thanks.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:37 pm

whoops, someone delete this post please (i forgot to log in)
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capn89

Post by capn89 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:58 pm

HELLLLLP!!!

hopefully someone can look into my roster and tell me where I screwed up.

This is how insane it is: I just tried the game, 15 times in a row.

work
work
work
crash
crash
crash
crash
crash
work
crash
crash
work
work
crash
crash

I used the same two teams, I changed nothing, editing nothing, did nothing different each time. That's how incredibly random it is. What's the deal? :x

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:08 am

I can try to help... I'm gonna be reinstalling NHL 2002 soon anyway for some things... where is the roster crashing? and also how is it doing so... freezing? quitting back to desktop?
Updating your rosters for 14 years: ALL teams, ALL leagues!
http://www.sinbin.ca/the-O
Part of the SinBin network!!

capn89

Post by capn89 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:44 am

Owen wrote:I can try to help... I'm gonna be reinstalling NHL 2002 soon anyway for some things... where is the roster crashing? and also how is it doing so... freezing? quitting back to desktop?
The game crashes randomly (and I stress randomly) whenever I go to start any type of game... Play Now, Shootout, Season Game, Playoff, Tourny. The game itself turns on fine. I can edit lines, change team play styles, trade players, all that good stuff. Then I can set up a game, pick jerseys, all that good stuff. Then, when I click the arrow to "start" the game, there is a 50/50 chance it will either crash, or work perfectly.

It freezes for about 8 seconds, with a stuttering sound of the effect that the arrow makes when you press it, then it crashes to the desktop. Other times, I will click it, the game will load, and everything works fine, no problems what so ever.

As I mentioned above, to prove my point, I started 15 straight games, with the same two teams, same settings, same everything. If it worked, I would quit game, try again. If it crashed, I would load the game and try again. As you can see from above, it was completely random.

So it's something, somewhere that the game doesn't like some times, because with the regular 2002 rosters (or any of the rosters from online) the game runs fine every single time. With my rosters, it only runs 1/2 the time, which is extremely frustrating when it takes 20 minutes just to get the game to start.

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:03 pm

I did what I could, but I think your file is corrupted. Sorry man.
Updating your rosters for 14 years: ALL teams, ALL leagues!
http://www.sinbin.ca/the-O
Part of the SinBin network!!

capn89

Post by capn89 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:48 pm

Owen wrote:I did what I could, but I think your file is corrupted. Sorry man.
I don't get it then... no matter what editor I use (blomman's, nhlview or nhlinfo) even if I edit one player, the game goes wacko. This really sucks.

Thanks a lot for the help though.