The O

Posts about my (or anybody else's) rosters for NHL games should go here.

Moderator: Owen

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:24 am

Owen vs. Guest replace Rahman vs. Klitschko

my opinion
1) NHL Depot Roster
2) BVH
3) DSgamby
4) Jimbo
5) Owen

Rockfan616

Post by Rockfan616 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:14 am

Owen wrote:I dunno, I personally feel that masler's update (BvH), while it's awesome that there are tons of created players and all-time players, has some mistakes with current teams, but mostly has very inaccurate player ratings.

I think he probably has more knowledge about the Euro teams than you guys do (that's a guess since he is German, he probably does follow the DEL teams anyway). But you guys obviously know more about the NHL teams there's no doubt about that.
No matter, I still think that the three of you make great roster updates. I haven't actually used Jimbo's rosters as of yet but from what I heard they are also really good. Later!!!

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:18 am

Anonymous wrote:inaccurate player ratings,
Found on your roster, Plüss Overall 87, Daze Overall 86 Do you think Plüss is better than Daze, Crosby and many others. Most of your european players are overrated
many errors: Faceoff rating for many defensemen, wrong Face ID,
wrong postion, team ratings,
Found mistakes on BWH and DSgamby too, no one is perfect except you,
understandably that every roster maker think his own are the best
1) Blame EA for the ratings -- they made em.
2) Blame yourself for being ignorant and not noticing the big thing in the README that says that Euro-league ratings have NOT been done yet. Plus, if you had any knowledge about Euro-leagues, you wouldn't be complaining about defensemen with faceoff ratings.
3) Blame yourself again for being more concerned with numbers than actual player skill. A high hero rating can show a player as 90, even if he only has the skill of a player with 76.

Sorry that I can't be as sarcastic as you, but at least I know what I'm talking about before I blast someone. That my "Guest" is not sarcasm.
Updating your rosters for 14 years: ALL teams, ALL leagues!
http://www.sinbin.ca/the-O
Part of the SinBin network!!

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:28 pm

Well it's about time for a new roster update eh? =)
Go and see.
Updating your rosters for 14 years: ALL teams, ALL leagues!
http://www.sinbin.ca/the-O
Part of the SinBin network!!

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:04 pm

Just in case anyone cares right now, the reason why the website hasn't been updated since like July 15th is because we had a massive heatwave on the west coast, my comp overheated, and I had to buy a new processor and motherboard. But wouldn't ya know it that the motherboard was defective, so I haven't had a computer for over a week... This should all be settled next week and I can put the gallery and forum back up.