The O

Posts about my (or anybody else's) rosters for NHL games should go here.

Moderator: Owen

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:14 pm

watis wrote:Owen, your roster crash by creating new teams

http://suchy63.rhlmod.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1426
Hrrrmph... I forgot to test this but I'm, sadly, not surprised. This has happened ever since I started using NHLView in 04. I think it has something to do with the fact that I create players in the main database and not in the exhibition rosters...

The main thing that I'm concerned with is making sure the fantasy draft doesn't corrupt, as it did for an unexplained reason last year...

As for Int'l rosters, I'll be using a combination of World Championship and Olympic qualification rosters. And obviously I'll be adding Olympic rosters when they come out at the end of December.
Updating your rosters for 14 years: ALL teams, ALL leagues!
http://www.sinbin.ca/the-O
Part of the SinBin network!!

watis

Post by watis » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:19 pm

Owen wrote:
watis wrote:Owen, your roster crash by creating new teams

Hrrrmph... I forgot to test this but I'm, sadly, not surprised. This has happened ever since I started using NHLView in 04. I think it has something to do with the fact that I create players in the main database and not in the exhibition rosters...

no, that isn`t the reason! I`ve tested the orginal EA datafiles and change only the arena names and it crash!
On your roster I`ve change all DEL and SM-Liiga arena names back to "EA SPORTS â„¢ Arena" and now it works, seems you can change 30 (or so) arena names but not more!

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:58 pm

Wow that's REALLY bizarre... :shock:

Steigs

Post by Steigs » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:08 pm

Owen, how many logos do you have in the logo update pack? Is there a list for that somewhere?
Also, what's the word on the national team rosters? And, looking through the international arena stats... where did you get capacity seating and stuff from? Some of these are hugely different from the stats that I'd found online, like the Siemens Ledus Halle in Latvia... also, for Italy, I used the Torino Palasport Olympico (seemed more fitting, considering Olympics).
Anyway, that's my two questions and two cents. Great job on the rosters though!

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Steigs wrote:Owen, how many logos do you have in the logo update pack? Is there a list for that somewhere?
Also, what's the word on the national team rosters? And, looking through the international arena stats... where did you get capacity seating and stuff from? Some of these are hugely different from the stats that I'd found online, like the Siemens Ledus Halle in Latvia... also, for Italy, I used the Torino Palasport Olympico (seemed more fitting, considering Olympics).
Anyway, that's my two questions and two cents. Great job on the rosters though!
*Uhh... I don't know how many. Just read the list in the README.

*National team roster building is why it's taken me so long to release today's roster update (originally scheduled to come out two weeks ago). That's not even finished yet either...

*There is a website with a bunch of arena listings. I don't remember the link.

*Torino Palasport is in now. At the time of the last update, the arena to be used in the Olympics was not listed on the Turin 2006 website.
Last edited by Owen on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apple

Post by Apple » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:03 am

On your latest roster you have wrong face number for Brian McGrattan (OTT) (5027 -> 2578)

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:21 pm

Hmmm you would be correct on that... Dan Smith also

good stuff

Post by guest » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:09 pm

the most elaborate, complete roster update you'll ever find! (A few national teams still to come!)

not true!
But it`s a great one!

Owen

Post by Owen » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:20 pm

You beg to differ, but you don't say why.

Rockfan616

Post by Rockfan616 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:08 am

Don't worry Owen, you're rosters are definitely one of the best ones IMO. Yours, DSgamby, and BvH I think are the top 3 when it comes to roster making (BvH is tough to beat though, with all those other Euro teams and all-time teams that he put in there, how do you guys beat that??). Just boosting your morale a bit though. 8) Later!!!

Steigs

Post by Steigs » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:12 pm

the O does a pretty good job, I like what I've seen.
I've noticed that since I installed the logo update, there are two finnish teams with the Malmo Redhawks logo (and now I don't remember which ones they are).... but I found that odd.

I'll admit I'm slightly biased to DSgamby's rosters, though that's in part because I had a small hand in them. Either way, Owen's and DSgamby's are top 2 for me.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:46 pm

1 BVH
2 DSgamby
3 Owen

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:54 pm

I dunno, I personally feel that masler's update (BvH), while it's awesome that there are tons of created players and all-time players, has some mistakes with current teams, but mostly has very inaccurate player ratings.

I think anyone can make their own argument for my roster vs. DSgamby's, but accuracy is the most important thing and I wouldn't include masler's.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:03 am

Owen wrote:I dunno, I personally feel that masler's update (BvH), while it's awesome that there are tons of created players and all-time players, has some mistakes with current teams, but mostly has very inaccurate player ratings.

inaccurate player ratings,
Found on your roster, Plüss Overall 87, Daze Overall 86 Do you think Plüss is better than Daze, Crosby and many others. Most of your european players are overrated
many errors: Faceoff rating for many defensemen, wrong Face ID,
wrong postion, team ratings,
Found mistakes on BWH and DSgamby too, no one is perfect except you,
understandably that every roster maker think his own are the best