DLL to access TDB files for developers (Updated 07.04.2004)

This forum contains all information about TDBAccess library for NHL 2004 roster access and general NHL coding questions.

Moderator: Owen

Artem
Site Admin

DLL to access TDB files for developers (Updated 07.04.2004)

Post by Artem » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:11 pm

I received several requests about possibility of DLL being made to access roster files of NHL 2004. Here is the public beta, accompinied by a very, very small Delphi example (note that example uses JVCL library by Project-JEDI). I tried to make a similar example on VB .NET and was also successful. Use at your own risk and please do not flood NHLView forum with questions about this DLL. Address them in this thread only:

http://suchy63.rhlmod.ru/files/utils/tdbaccess.zip (365 KB)
Last edited by Artem on Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mcmarkis

Post by mcmarkis » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:21 pm

Has anyone had success with this in VB.NET? I can simply open the database and get the number of tables, but Can't access the tables. Just wondering if there are any vb examples out there.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:26 pm

Check the Link on the main page.

I wrote TDBView in VB .NET as an example.

fatpat

Post by fatpat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:15 am

Suchy,

The link to the TDBAccess is the same as the one to Vivutils.

Were they meant to be the same link, or is there another file named TDBaccess.zip?

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:33 pm

Stupid copy/paste. Fixed now. Thanks.

fatpat

Post by fatpat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:07 pm

Thanks Suchy 8)

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 12:38 pm

anyone had luck on this one?

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon May 31, 2004 3:39 pm

I did :twisted: :lol:

More seriously, I know some people who did. What problems did you experience?

bcrt2000

Post by bcrt2000 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:24 pm

I haven't taken an indepth look at the DLL yet, because im working on a new ladder system & online league system for crushem (which hopefully will totally automate all tasks for the commissioner & basically make the online league like dynasty mode in terms of salary structures, revenues, etc) and theres talk of the DMD guys helping us, and basically integrating the two websites... but I was wondering if theres support for accessing edit lines, player stats (not just ratings), boxscores, etc...

and also I've heard you will be working on NHLView 2005, which is awesome if the rumor is true (and even more so, hoping that theres a 2005 DLL released which allows you to access all the functions that NHL View can perform-- if you do something like NHL Info, and start using DLLs in the main program, that way you don't have to maintain a separate program just for people who want to use the DLL)

One more thing-- it looks like TDB access can't load in the exhibition rosters/secondary database-- will support for this be added in the future?

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:23 pm

TDBAccess should in principle work with all TDB formats so tdb, sea, dyn, etc all should be openable. Dynasty Editor by TNK is the living proof :D. Also, the dll is for generic access to any tdb file so all the information that is stored inside should be editable provided of course you input the values that do not crash the game. The only serious limitation of TDBAccess is that it cannot add/remove records yet. So you won't have an opportunity to say create or delete a player. But viewing and editing of boxscores, stats is certainly possible provided you know where to look in the tdb.

If EA keeps the same TDB format next year, thre is absolutely nothing I need to do with tdbaccess to make it work with NHL 2005 because as I said it's a generic tdb file editor, just like say MS Access can edit all NBA Live rosters dating back from 98.

Final note on code separation into modules. That's basically what I've tried to do alot in the past few years not only with NHLView but with PBPEditor too which I completely rewritten 2 time and plan on doing in the 3rd time sometime in the future. I'm absoltely horrible at planning out the layout of projects although I like a lot when everything is well structured and reusable. I plan to take courses in university in the winter on software life cycle, hopefully it'll make me more efficient because as of now even NHLView 2004 code, which I thought was very well constructed when i started, is getting terribly clogged with examples of how not to write a program.

bcrt2000

Post by bcrt2000 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:05 pm

or you could make it open source and let me do it :D hehe.. just kidding

so are you planning on making support for adding/deleting records?

also i have a team of 3 people who are working on the web based interface for our website, but ive come up with an idea to make it more integrated... by making our own dedicated server for the season mode... if you are willing to take a crack at it, or know anyone else who would be, tell me... we're flustered with the scripting the web based stuff because we want to get it done before the end of the month.. but if we could get even someone to look at what info the server & client send between each other and decode it for us so we know format it is that would be a huge help not only us, but to the whole online community-- we're really trying to rejuvinate the nhl series community

fatpat

Post by fatpat » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:50 pm

I am curious what you guys at Crushem and DMD are hoping to provide as a final product?

I know there are many leagues that have automated updating of stats to webpages (ours included http://www.greatbigworld.net ), but it sounds as though you want to also add editing lines, Salaries, and others? I am curious about that, because, if you are going to play the games, line edits can happen in the game itself (no need to add another interface that could just corrupt things), and salary for online seasons is not included in the season itself, so you could maintain that yourself in a seperate table and just link it to the data.

IF you can expand on what you guys are doing, I would love to hear about it.