2.2 Bug Reporting

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

Owen

2.2 Bug Reporting

Post by Owen » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:33 am

Received error when changing "Junior Team" to "N/A" in Career Data:

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 007C0D01 in module 'nhlviewng.exe'. Read of address 00000009.
On "Modeled" heads in the appearance tabs, the Head ID dropdown menu immediately closes upon clicking on it.

Also, the desktop icon doesn't work :lol:

skylten92

Re: 2.2 Bug Reporting

Post by skylten92 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 am

I'm unable to open the nhlviewng.exe file, nothing happens when I doubleclick on it, it's just loading forever until you restart the computer. The program shows up in the Task Manager but you can't terminate the .exe file.
All files are extracted to the same folder, and I've tried on two different computers(with Windows 7 64-bit) with the same outcome.
C++ packs that is necessary are installed as well, previous versions of NHLView have worked for me.

Anyone else have the same problem?

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

The same 4-on-4 line bug from the original release still exists. I described it earlier here.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25169

New bug considering the new rivalry feature.
On the Teams - Data page, you can now select a Rival Team. But to select the one you want, you need to choose the one that is two rows up. So if I wanted to choose Los Angeles Kings, I have to click on Edmonton Oilers to insert Kings as the Rival Team. To choose San Jose Sharks, I need to click on Pittsburgh Penguins. It's impossible to choose either N/A, Anaheim Ducks or Winnipeg Jets, since they are on the top of the list. The same applies for every league.

This bug is only for the primary Rival Team. Second Rival team works as it's meant to be.

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:17 am

TomiT14 wrote:On the Teams - Data page, you can now select a Rival Team. But to select the one you want, you need to choose the one that is two rows up. So if I wanted to choose Los Angeles Kings, I have to click on Edmonton Oilers to insert Kings as the Rival Team. To choose San Jose Sharks, I need to click on Pittsburgh Penguins. It's impossible to choose either N/A, Anaheim Ducks or Winnipeg Jets, since they are on the top of the list. The same applies for every league.

This bug is only for the primary Rival Team. Second Rival team works as it's meant to be.
Great catch! You're right!

Another thing that I've found is that changing the arena name and capacity appears to not change anything in the actual game.

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 am

Not exactly a bug, since I don't know how it has any effect on anything. But every time I run the NHL View after having made some changes (no matter what, editing team names or changing jersey numbers), the error log has these two lines when NHL View starts:

Player instance 16382 reference a non-existing player with ID 16383. This instance was removed
Player instance 16383 reference a non-existing player with ID 16382. This instance was removed

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 am

skylten92 wrote:I'm unable to open the nhlviewng.exe file, nothing happens when I doubleclick on it, it's just loading forever until you restart the computer. The program shows up in the Task Manager but you can't terminate the .exe file.
All files are extracted to the same folder, and I've tried on two different computers(with Windows 7 64-bit) with the same outcome.
C++ packs that is necessary are installed as well, previous versions of NHLView have worked for me.

Anyone else have the same problem?
Verify that the download was not corrupted and extracted properly. The file size of nhlviewng.exe should be 1,699,328 bytes and SHA1 hash should be 5314a7423c809bf9ef3e470844a7399218e37cc9

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:26 am

Owen wrote:...
On "Modeled" heads in the appearance tabs, the Head ID dropdown menu immediately closes upon clicking on it.
I cannot reproduce this

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:33 am

Another thing that I've found is that changing the arena name and capacity appears to not change anything in the actual game.
String data for teams, such as names and arena are actually stored in localization files (similar to what StrEdit allowed to change for NHL PC). In the roster, I guess they are more present for reference than anything else. As for capacity change, where in the game do you expect to see this change appear?

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Artem wrote:
String data for teams, such as names and arena are actually stored in localization files (similar to what StrEdit allowed to change for NHL PC). In the roster, I guess they are more present for reference than anything else. As for capacity change, where in the game do you expect to see this change appear?
In the past (NHL 14 and 15 for PS3), the edited arena name and capacity have been shown in the pregame intro (the part where the players skate while the arena lights are off). :)

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:49 am

Artem wrote:String data for teams, such as names and arena are actually stored in localization files (similar to what StrEdit allowed to change for NHL PC). In the roster, I guess they are more present for reference than anything else. As for capacity change, where in the game do you expect to see this change appear?
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

TomiT14 wrote:On the Teams - Data page, you can now select a Rival Team. But to select the one you want, you need to choose the one that is two rows up. So if I wanted to choose Los Angeles Kings, I have to click on Edmonton Oilers to insert Kings as the Rival Team. To choose San Jose Sharks, I need to click on Pittsburgh Penguins. It's impossible to choose either N/A, Anaheim Ducks or Winnipeg Jets, since they are on the top of the list. The same applies for every league.

Even more interesting is that when you change the primary rival, save, and re-open it changes it again!
Example: If you try to make the primary rival the San Diego Gulls, it changes that to the Springfield Falcons. But then after saving, when you re-open NHLView, now the primary rival is the San Jose Barracuda.

Artem wrote:
Owen wrote:...On "Modeled" heads in the appearance tabs, the Head ID dropdown menu immediately closes upon clicking on it.
I cannot reproduce this
Once I reinstall screen capture software onto my laptop, I'll show you what I mean.

I have also noticed that whenever I transfer a player in NHLView, the next time I open the software, I get a bunch of instances of "Invalid record index detected for player..." in the error log for the team(s) involved. I don't know if this is a software bug or poor database building by EA.

I get the same Player instance 16382/16383 issues as TomiT14.

ddt4428

Post by ddt4428 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:09 am

When overwriting and existing player that is hidden, no changes take effect. Also, when inputting attributes for a forward, player types shows up as a goalie types, d-man player types show up as forward player types.

ddt4428

Post by ddt4428 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:15 am

Also getting error" This"Portable Network Graphics" is not valid because it contains invalid pieces of data (crc error).

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:42 pm

ddt4428 wrote:Also getting error" This"Portable Network Graphics" is not valid because it contains invalid pieces of data (crc error).
Could you tell me for which player this occurs and in which game? If it's a created player, need the head and art ids also. Thanks. Your previous error may be related to this one. If there was an error switching to a new player, you may not see the updated values on all the pages. Attributes are loaded after art assets, so if asset loading gives an error you may be seeing previous player attributes.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:45 pm

Owen wrote:I have also noticed that whenever I transfer a player in NHLView, the next time I open the software, I get a bunch of instances of "Invalid record index detected for player..." in the error log for the team(s) involved. I don't know if this is a software bug or poor database building by EA.
Be very careful with these, may indicate that NHLView is corrupting the database. Always have a backup of your previous roster. I'll investigate further. The other errors will be fixed. Everything that I was able to reproduce is noted in the sticky thread.

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but in Legacy PS3, all the player overall attributes are the ones from NHL 15. For example, Connor McDavid is 74 (like in 15), although in the game his overall rating has been 82 since the original roster in Legacy. All the players that weren't in 15 or older games (like Eichel, Panarin) are listed as 36 overall.