Current Generation Consoles

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

kestrel

Current Generation Consoles

Post by kestrel » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 pm

I was content to stick with NHL 14, but seeing some the newer features and updates coming for NHL 15, I'm thinking about getting the new game. Are there plans to support the current generation of consoles (PS4, XBone)? I would guess that support for the game on these consoles would be some time down the line and wouldn't include NHL 15 (or perhaps it would but long after it is released), or am I wrong? Do you expect that NHLView NG will work with the game on the last generation consoles "out of the box" or with minimal updating? I'm trying to decide which console to get the game for, and I suspect that I'll sooner be able to edit rosters for the PS3 version.

Thanks.

jeffforsberg21

Re: Current Generation Consoles

Post by jeffforsberg21 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 pm

I don't want to answer for Artem but the roster save file format for NHL 15 is unknown yet, i don't think we will know until the game is released (or maybe demo ?).

kestrel

Post by kestrel » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Yeah, there's that, too. I figured that since rosters from previous versions could be opened in NG (which came in quite handy), then updating for NHL '15 wouldn't be too difficult (says the one who doesn't do the programming, hah), at least for last gen consoles.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 pm

The underlying format for the roster is likely the same (spare little-endian vs big-endian). The big problem is the save game container format. All save games are encrypted and protected by multiple checksums. I can guarantee with 99% certainty that this format will not be cracked before September. NHL15 for PS3 and XBox 360 will still be supported.

kestrel

Post by kestrel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:08 am

Would you like a PS4 roster to look at?

Skrappy

Post by Skrappy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:55 am

Just some questions... but first seen the upcoming NHLView NG and loving the outcome...

now questions...

1. Will we see NHLView NG be able to be used with the PS4 rosters?

2. Have you been able to crack the PS4 rosters code for NHLView NG?

3. Is there roughly a time table we will be able to use the NHLView NG with PS4?

4. Will we be able to edit goalie equipment with NHLView NG?

5. Will there be able edit players helmets, skates ect. with NHLView NG?

6. Will we ever be able to customize rinks using NHLView NG?