EA patches on a Russian site: help!?

Anything that does not belong to any of the forums above should be posted here.
Marcus

EA patches on a Russian site: help!?

Post by Marcus » Sun May 09, 2004 3:09 am

Hello Suchy,

I hope you don't mind me asking this, because it's about another NHL-site. If I remember well, I found this link at DSgamby's site (thanks!). You can download every EA-patch there as a file, so that you can put them in a seperate directory on your hard drive (which is very handy because you're able to quickly re-install them after a 'crash'). The site is in Russian though and I can't figure out the instructions etcetera. For instance: I don't know exactly how many patches I really need to download to solve the 'placeholder'-problem and in what order I should download them. Is there anybody here who can help and give a sort-of-translation?

This is the link:

http://nhl.pkhl.ru/filespatch2004.shtml

Thanks in advance,

greetings,

Marcus.

BTW: I really hope that NHL 2005 doesn't have this placeholders-patches trouble. In my view we should be able to create players in the placeholders-section without the need of downloading any EA-patch! If EA offers a possibilty it should be possible in the first version of a game. I think that's only normal.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sat May 15, 2004 12:19 am

I'm not sure as I didn't use their patch, but I assume you should:
- Get the 1.01 patch. Download the first file which is 8.7 mb, if it does not install, try the second one. The note in the read me says you have to apply it on original exe. So if you are using a no-cd you better restore the original exe either from the CD or from the archive you download (it says that it has teh original exe inside).
- Get 1.04 patch. It seems it will install on 1.01 and it contains a no-cd patch. So if your game isn't completely installed on the hard drive, it won't work.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat May 15, 2004 3:42 am

Thanks a lot Suchy, I'll try that!

Greetings,

Marcus.