Fixing Generic Face #101 (Head ID 10100)

Anything that does not belong to any of the forums above should be posted here.
Moose24x

Fixing Generic Face #101 (Head ID 10100)

Post by Moose24x » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:59 am

When viewing the NHL 14 database the tab DzSF deals with helmet placement on the stock heads that are in the game.

Now, before we go any further, fire up your copy of NHL, go into the creation zone, and check out generic head #101. Put a helmet on it and look at the player model with the helmet on. Notice how it floats up and to the side (to your right/the player model's left), regardless of which helmet is used? I REALLY want to fix it. I've assigned this face to a lot of players while using the editor to change the appearance of virtually every NHLer without a cyber face and this helmet thing is really bugging me.

So, my problem is two part. As I mentioned DzSF deals with helmet placement for generic heads. The first problem is, unlike the exhibition skater info tab, where I edited all of the players appearances, the "Head ID" data here doesn't seem to match up to the heads in the game. If it did, finding head #101 would be easy. If you want to assign it to a player you simply enter Head ID 10100. There is no 10100 in the DzSF tab, however. The numbers in general just don't seem to match up with the numbers used in the other section. So, figuring out how to identify the head that I want to work on in this tab is my first difficulty. I need to figure out where to make changes in order to effect head #101.

The second part of the problem can be solved through trial and error if the first part ever gets figured out. It's simply figuring out what all the other coordinates mean and properly adjusting the helmet so that it sits on the model's head properly. I figured if anyone could help figure out the first part of the problem it would be the editing community that will be here and that if someone does figure out the first part, the second step might be simple for them. Either way, this is one small thing that I desperately want done. I've hoped each year that EA would fix the floating helmet on face #101 since the first added it and the editor finally makes it possible, if someone can just help me figure it out.

dougie_g

Re: Fixing Generic Face #101 (Head ID 10100)

Post by dougie_g » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:41 pm

I couldn't find any players in the editor using head 10100.... or is my db messed up?

Moose24x

Post by Moose24x » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 pm

It's a generic head. It's not assigned to anyone in the regular rosters but I assigned it to many players (successfully) when I edited all of the faces for the NHL/AHL/Prospects. The problem is just that all helmets appear to be floating and off center when you use this face. It has nothing to do with the editor. Go into the creation zone like normal and create a player with face #101 and you'll see what u mean. I just want to fix it.

dougie_g

Post by dougie_g » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Have you tried editing one of the head id's in that tab? like changing the head id# of one to #10100?

Moose24x

Post by Moose24x » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:21 pm

If you're talking about the DzSF tab, I don't think that would help. If you're talking about the regular skater bio page, I've already successfully changed a bunch of IDs to 10100.