Question for Suchy RE:Exhibition, Season and Dynasty file...

Anything that does not belong to any of the forums above should be posted here.
iam

Question for Suchy RE:Exhibition, Season and Dynasty file...

Post by iam » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi Suchy, I was wondering if you're aware if any of the above mentioned files are using any type of compression/special encoding.

The reason I'm asking s because I'm trying to find where the rules/gameplay settings are stored in the file and think I know, but I'm not sure how they're stored... it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the way the BIN file store the info... I though it looked encrypted or compressed...

Would you know anything about that?

Thanks.

iam

Post by iam » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:27 pm

Ok, after some basic research, it seems like those files would be using 10FB compression (EA porprietary format).

Is there a DLL or code somewhere to decompress 10FB comrpessed files?

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:16 am

Rules and options are stored in tables RULE, OPTS and TWKS tables of tdb files. Tdb files are not encoded by 10FB. But if you still need 10FB algorithm, it can be found on Dennis Auroux's web site:
http://www-math.mit.edu/~auroux/software/
In the program FSHTool.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:57 am

Suchy_63 wrote:Rules and options are stored in tables RULE, OPTS and TWKS tables of tdb files. Tdb files are not encoded by 10FB. But if you still need 10FB algorithm, it can be found on Dennis Auroux's web site:
http://www-math.mit.edu/~auroux/software/
In the program FSHTool.
Thanks a bunch for this info Suchy.
I guess a simple way would be to use tdbaccess to access and edits those values?!

Thanks again for the tip!

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:30 pm

Yes, that's exact. Although values are stored in binary format, so you'll have to decipher them somehow. I never bothered to give it a try.