DMD Down?

Anything that does not belong to any of the forums above should be posted here.
LINKZ44.4

DMD Down?

Post by LINKZ44.4 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:09 pm

Is it just me or is the DMD site down?

Rockfan616

Post by Rockfan616 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:54 pm

It's definitely not you Linkz...I just checked and it is indeed down for some reason. Hopefully it's just site maintanance and will be back up again later tonight. I don't want to see the same thing happen with DMD as what happened with Cyber-NHL last year ya know?? :( Later man!!!

LINKZ44.4

re-dmd

Post by LINKZ44.4 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:05 pm

Hmmm..I dont think its maintance. They always announce that sorta thing,but I dont think its a cyber nhl thing either...just weird.Damm Im going through withdawl :lol:

raZor

Re: re-dmd

Post by raZor » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:24 pm

yea it's down alright. Damned :?
aka raZor29

Rockfan616

Post by Rockfan616 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:05 pm

From what I read on the EA Hockey fansite they had to shut down the site because supposedly it was being hacked!! :x I guess they are on the same server as the Madden download site and they got hacked into. So they had to shut it down for a couple of days. It sucks I know but that's what I read. Later!!!

LINKZ44.4

Post by LINKZ44.4 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 pm

Rockfan616 wrote:From what I read on the EA Hockey fansite they had to shut down the site because supposedly it was being hacked!! :x I guess they are on the same server as the Madden download site and they got hacked into. So they had to shut it down for a couple of days. It sucks I know but that's what I read. Later!!!

Thanks for the info Rock :)

Rockfan616

Post by Rockfan616 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:24 pm

No problem Linkz.......got anymore good cyberfaces that you've been working on lately or what?? :) Send me a few links if you do. Later!!!

raZor

Post by raZor » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:29 am

Fvck! It's really gone :(
But no worries, it WILL BE REBUILD!
from http://www.doubleminor.net/
Okay, so you guys have been wondering what the hell is going on over at DMHN?

To make a long story short - DMHN was sharing server space with two other sites - MaddenMania and Crush'em.

The plan was to move all three sites over to a faster, newer more reliable server.
So DigitalAnvil (Rocky) moved Crush'em first since it was the smallest, DMHN was next (Thursday) and then MaddenMania would be last as it was the biggest.

Turns out MaddenMania couldn't wait, and decided to go on their own,
get a dedicated server, and proceed to delete everything that was left on the server in spite - totally disregarding our community of thousands. Slick move, eh?

There was an agreement involved in terms of money - but DMHN and Crush'em were paid up for the year, and Rocky even floated MM on his back while they were suffering financially, and this is the thanks he was given.

So - everything is gone. The downloads, the site.

Some good news involved is that the forum database is still there as it
was backed up the other day when Rob and Drew upgraded to vBulletin 3.5.

But DMHN will have to rebuild, once again.
We're all committed to doing so, no doubt about it.

This is where we really need your help. If you have downloaded anything from the server, please let Drezz know, and if its needed and he doesn't have it, he will ask for your assistance in providing the file so it can be replaced.

Thanks in advance.
-The Double Minor Hockey Network Team
aka raZor29

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:04 am

Damn, that sucks! :evil: