NHL 06 and Saitek gamepads

Anything that does not belong to any of the forums above should be posted here.
gentoolz

NHL 06 and Saitek gamepads

Post by gentoolz » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:02 pm

Hi all!

I have a Saitek gamepad and it seems like EA don't want you to use this pads (maybe they have a contract with logitech ;).

If you expierence problems with your Saitek gamepad (or other no name gamepad) try this:

Start "regedit", and go into the following subdirectory:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\

The subdirctorys should all have an entry "OEMName" with a string value, the name of the gamepad. Search the directorys for your gamepad.
Change the value of "OEMName" to "Logitech Dual Action" and your Saitek Gamepad should work fine.

When I see workarounds like the one above I advise you NOT TO BUY such a game if you own a XBOX or Playstation 2. Then you should buy the much better and cheaper ESPN hockey game.

Gentoolz

DSgamby

Post by DSgamby » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:46 pm

P880 works fine for me in the game. I did have problems on the demo and I used the hack but I reversed the hack after I got the game and it works

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:11 pm

DSgamby wrote:P880 works fine for me in the game. I did have problems on the demo and I used the hack but I reversed the hack after I got the game and it works
So have you figured out how to accept a fight with the P880, because for the life of me, I have no idea how too.

DSgamby

Post by DSgamby » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:25 pm

it should be the left joystick button

Wayne3

Re: NHL 06 and Saitek gamepads

Post by Wayne3 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:11 am

what you all say about Saiteck hardware nowadays its better or logitech ?