Madden 2005 DB Editor

This forum contains all information about TDBAccess library for NHL 2004 roster access and general NHL coding questions.

Moderator: Owen

Madden 2005 DB Editor

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:16 pm

Anyone know if there's an editor like NHL View for Madden 2k5?

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:21 am

HERE is something that a few guys have been trying FOREVER to figure out. Currently it seems EA's filetypes for both NHL and Madden are very similar, but it also seems that noone has been able to crack the checksum from the franchise file. :( If anyone has any checksum experience, we sure could use some help! :)

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:24 pm

Do you have roster files for madden? I'm not interested in making a Madden editor, but I do like tdbaccess to be compatible with all tdb formats.

BTW, after looking at that thread, yes TDB uses CRC32 checksum (it was also stated on Toni Wilen's website when NHL2004 came out). When I worked on decoding the checksum, I didn't have knowledge of what CRC32 is, so I just copied the asm code from the exe and this is what you see in TDBAccess forum topic. But obviously CRC32 algorithm is coded much simpler than that.

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:04 am

What's funny is I just put together my 'new' PC, so I don't have anything on here yet. But I can DL some from the site and send them to you for review.

Also, I was curious if NHL 20** has similar 'franchise' or 'career' modes, and if so - are these files capable of editing the same way a normal roster is? I ask this because (as in the thread shows) the generic roster file is editable through TDB, but the franchise file seems to be protected by some other checksum as well. Does this problem exist in NHL too?

Thanks again, and lemme know where you'd like me to send a roster file. :D

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:24 am

I found a franchise sample file on some league's website, I'll use that for analysis.

The checksums in fra are exactly the same. The only irregularity I found is that empty tables do not allocate space up to the defined capacity, which is what is causing problems for tdbaccess.

Do you happen to know if fra-files grow as your season in Madden progresses?

PS: Moved to TDBAccess.

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:32 am

Do you happen to know if fra-files grow as your season in Madden progresses?
Ya know - I really want to say no, that the actual .FRA stays the same regardless, but again I just got my new PC up and running, so I dunno. :( I know the file changes size when saving between 'regular' off-game time, and saving during a game; but I can't be 100% sure about it year after year.

Also a little FYI - I'm not sure if you follow Madden, but this issue of editing roster / franchise files has been tossed around for about 2 or 3 years with no real solution, and just now someone tried using TDB. I would just like to say on behalf of Football-Freaks.com and the entire Madden community THANK YOU for helping (and also w/ the coding! :D ) with this even though this has nothing to do w/ NHL. =D> =D>

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:27 pm

I need more sample databases. This fra file seems to be totally fucked up in some places. It absolutely doesn't follow the structure. If you have any tdb databases related to rosters (Madden 2004 or any previous Maddens that use tdb would be good too if you have that), could you mail them to me, please? The more samples I have the better.

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:40 pm

Not sure what you mean by "tdb databases", but I'll send you as many options as possible. I finally put Madden 05 back on my system, so I can work w/ or try out whatever you need for testing purposes.

What I'll do is make up a bunch of mock rosters / franchise files / etc and label them accordingly. Like - I'll start a franchise & send you that FRA file, then I'll play & save a game w/ the same one & send that as well... Not sure what other databases I could send other than the .FRA / .ROS files.

PS... What's your email? :D

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:16 pm

Email is in the profile and at the bottom of the site. AFAIK there is no limit on size, so send as much as you can.

The reason why I'm referring to them as TDB databases is because they have different extensions. And as I don't know what extensions Madden use (ros and fra is what I know) I just refer by neutral name. NHL for instance has at least doezen of different extensions but essentially they are the same format.

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:46 am

I'm in the process of sending them now - but for some reason my gmail account isn't working, or gmail itself is screwed up. And of course, my lovely Comcast email won't allow anything over 15.5M to be sent. BTW - unzipped the files are about 115M, w/ 2 rosters & 20 franchise files. It's explained in more detail in the email. I hope it helps! :D

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:15 pm

Suchy: Where is a link to download your DLL?

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:28 pm

suchy, I'd just like to say (again :D ) on behalf of myself, Football-Freaks.com, and the madden community THANK YOU for the work on this. I only wish there was more we could do to show our appreciation!! You can't believe how this has 'opened the door' on something that's been kept from us for FAR too long. Thanks - we really appreciate it!! \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>

Punisher

Post by Punisher » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:54 pm

Yes, the franchise file grows as you progress through the season.....getting it's largest in the offseason...and then shrinking back down when the season kicks off again.

Drewbaby27

Post by Drewbaby27 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:18 am

Punisher wrote:Yes, the franchise file grows as you progress through the season.....getting it's largest in the offseason...and then shrinking back down when the season kicks off again.
Hey Mikale, welcome! :lol: Yeah, I sent him suchy a .FRA for just about EVERY phase of the game, from off-season throughout playoffs (115M worth).

Not sure, but I'm assuming this info helped w/ the release of the newest release of TDB?? :D

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:26 pm

Yeah, that helped somewhat :)

But I'm not sure it will work with franchises though. Players and Teams tables are weird, they are not like other tables. And tdbaccess for now silently ignores that. Hopefully this will not cause problems, but who knows.