3-on-3 lines?

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

TomiT14

3-on-3 lines?

Post by TomiT14 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:23 pm

This probably doesn't belong to the NHL View NG section, but wasn't sure which one would be better.

Anyways, has anyone figured out yet which lines the game uses for 3-on-3 overtime? Since there is no option for 3-on-3 lines.
Is it the 4-on-4 lines excluding a forward? Or a defenseman (which one)? Or does it use the 3PK lines?

Owen

Re: 3-on-3 lines?

Post by Owen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:49 am

There is no 3-on-3 overtime in NHL Legacy. It's 4-on-4.

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:22 am

Owen wrote:There is no 3-on-3 overtime in NHL Legacy. It's 4-on-4.
Didn't think I needed to add an introduction. Oh well.

As you may have noticed, Legacy edition of the game got its first title update last week. The update added a bunch of alternate jerseys, but the biggest change was the addition of the 3-on-3 overtime. Full list of additions here.

So, any answers to my question now? :lol:
Besides, since the roster database is the same for NHL 16, I believe the 3-on-3 overtime line assignment works the same. So this question would still be valid for 16 players as well. :mrgreen:

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:31 pm

TomiT14 wrote:As you may have noticed, Legacy edition of the game got its first title update last week. The update added a bunch of alternate jerseys, but the biggest change was the addition of the 3-on-3 overtime. Full list of additions here.
You know what's weird? I actually had checked this to see if they had updated jerseys and stuff after that patch and I found nothing had changed. Yet, now I go in and you're exactly right! Except for that they screwed up the SJ Barracuda 3rd jerseys now, but I digress... Carry on. :P