2.2 Bug Reporting

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

TomiT14

Re: 2.2 Bug Reporting

Post by TomiT14 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:19 pm

More like a sidenote than a bug, but..

When you create a player in NHL View, the player won't be assigned any equipment. So if you don't want to see a player or a goalie with all-blue equipment, be sure to assign him all the equipment at the Creation Zone in game.

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:00 am

TomiT14 wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, but in Legacy PS3, all the player overall attributes are the ones from NHL 15. For example, Connor McDavid is 74 (like in 15), although in the game his overall rating has been 82 since the original roster in Legacy. All the players that weren't in 15 or older games (like Eichel, Panarin) are listed as 36 overall.
This is most definitely true.

TomiT14 wrote:When you create a player in NHL View, the player won't be assigned any equipment. So if you don't want to see a player or a goalie with all-blue equipment, be sure to assign him all the equipment at the Creation Zone in game.
Are you able to go into the game afterward and assign them equipment?

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:00 am

Owen wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:When you create a player in NHL View, the player won't be assigned any equipment. So if you don't want to see a player or a goalie with all-blue equipment, be sure to assign him all the equipment at the Creation Zone in game.
Are you able to go into the game afterward and assign them equipment?
That's the only way. Go to Creation Zone, Edit Player and select the player you created.
If you don't, the game works fine as long as you're okay your player wears blue gear.

Note that when you assign new equipment for a skater, remember to assign a helmet as well. The helmet doesn't show up as blue, instead the player plays without one.

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Scrolling through the portrait ID list will cause an error notice:

Code: Select all

Only COLOR_RGBALPHA and COLOR_RGB formats are supported.
I think this is at a certain point of the list (perhaps when it reaches the create-a-player face numbers 60###?)

riskbreaker76

Post by riskbreaker76 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 am

when trying to load a roster file i get the pop up error "TProgressBar property out of range". it will not open the file.

granted it's a heavily modified file but i have not created any new players using the "create player" function. i have extensively modified existing players though. i also notice that when i do transactions using the tool, the next time i open up the file, i get alot of index errors. it fixes itself though. yet this last time, the file wont open at all.

i tried the same file using 1.0 and it opens fine. i've been using that, in the meantime. also want to note that this roster file loads fine in the game.

ps - screenshot attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:32 pm

riskbreaker76 wrote:granted it's a heavily modified file but i have not created any new players using the "create player" function. i have extensively modified existing players though. i also notice that when i do transactions using the tool, the next time i open up the file, i get alot of index errors. it fixes itself though. yet this last time, the file wont open at all.
This was already discussed earlier in this thread.

riskbreaker76

Post by riskbreaker76 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

Owen wrote:
riskbreaker76 wrote:granted it's a heavily modified file but i have not created any new players using the "create player" function. i have extensively modified existing players though. i also notice that when i do transactions using the tool, the next time i open up the file, i get alot of index errors. it fixes itself though. yet this last time, the file wont open at all.
This was already discussed earlier in this thread.
i know...i just wanted to mention that i got it too. i am mostly concerned w/ the file not opening due to that TProgressBar error. seems like a simple Delphi error? my roster file isnt corrupt because it works fine in-game. also the fact that it opens and edits fine in nhlview ng 1.0 should help artem debug the error.

alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Hello,

I just noticed that a NHL LEGACY EDITION version of NHLView was out since Dec. 26!
I rushed to install it and download a recent version of the rosters (january, update #4), but when I get into the attributes of the players... Many of them are rated at "36" ?? Which is the lowest rating... But the players are averaging 75-80 in many aspects of the attributes. Seems to me like the OVERALL isn't calculating properly (or at all...)?
Is there something I need to "hack" in one of the files, or is it really broken?

I really wanted to be able to read data (and mostly overalls) of many young players, but now I realize I cannot do much more than before.
Thanks for letting me know!

And thanks Artem for all the time and efforts you put towards NHLView! You realize that you are probably the ONLY ONE on the EARTH that took the time and managed to build a roster reader/editor for the EA NHl games!?! (Beside the genuine EA editor from the programmers at EA, of course...).

Alex

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:21 pm

alex_nrv wrote:when I get into the attributes of the players... Many of them are rated at "36" ?? Which is the lowest rating... But the players are averaging 75-80 in many aspects of the attributes. Seems to me like the OVERALL isn't calculating properly (or at all...)?
Is there something I need to "hack" in one of the files, or is it really broken?

I really wanted to be able to read data (and mostly overalls) of many young players, but now I realize I cannot do much more than before.
Thanks for letting me know!
NHL View for consoles has never updated the reading for overall attribute. Even with the earlier version, after editing the attributes, the overall attribute always stayed the same.

With Legacy, there's a bug. The overall attributes are the ones from 15 or earlier, so for example Connor McDavid is listed as 74, even though he's 82 in Legacy. Players that haven't been in earlier games, such as Artemi Panarin and Dylan Larkin, are listed as 36.

Changing the attributes WILL make the overall attribute to change in game, however. Just not in NHL View.