Status update?

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

TomiT14

Status update?

Post by TomiT14 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:12 am

I'm a huge fan of the NHL View and have been using it since NHL 2004, when I found my way to NHL modding scene. Having been part of the modding community, I know that the addon/mod makers take their time to finish their products to be as high quality as possible. After all they are making it on their free time for free, so it's more than understandable for the makers to use as much time as they want/need to (possibly) release their product.

I was super excited to hear that NHL View was being developed for NG (now CG/old-gen) consoles. I can honestly say that without NHL View, I would never have bought PS3 and NHL 14. To me, having a chance to control the rosters has been the most important aspect of my NHL-gaming - even more as the playing the game itself!

That being said, I don't want to sound like an ungrateful brat asking when the next version of NHL View is being released. Like I said, I know it takes time to make, and having a life including work, hobbies, family and friends, making an editor for a game is not a priority, and it shouldn't be. But we know that you have been working with the new version of NHL View, so it would be interesting to know what the current status of the progress currently is.

It's been over a year since the NG release, and 5 months since the last update. Are you still working on NHL View? If not, do you have plans to work on it in the future? If not, would you consider releasing your latest work, even if it's not a finished product?
If you're still working (or going to work) on it, what features have you added to the previous version? What would you like to be added before releasing it? Is there a lot of work left?

I'm really looking forward to your response. Regardless of NHL View's future, I want to thank you, Artem, for your enormous work for making the NHL gaming enjoyable.

Tomi

TomiT14

Re: Status update?

Post by TomiT14 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 am

Again, I don't mean to sound impatient.

It would be cool to know what's the current status of the progress and your plans. Will the next version be just a fix to open the Legacy files, or will it include all the new features you've been working on? Is opening the Legacy files a difficult task?

I'm a bit ashamed to say this, but I've lost my interest in playing the Legacy edition, since I'm not able to edit the rosters to my liking like I've used to. Like I've said, having the ability to edit the game to my liking has been more important to me than playing the game itself. So that being said, is there anything the rest of us could do to help you with the progress?

By no means I'm here to rush you, your work means a lot to us, so doesn't matter how long it will take, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

jeffforsberg21

Post by jeffforsberg21 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:16 pm

I second Toni here, every day since Sept. 15 I come to this site in the hope of seeing the new version. I just can't wait to use NHLView for Legacy. But I agree, we all understand that you have a busy life but if you could give us just a little bit of hope and timeline please. Thanks Artem !

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:36 pm

I finally purchased NHL Legacy (No 3-on-3 OT? Seriously?) this weekend, so I'm ready for this new NHLView as well. :P

EAKHL

Post by EAKHL » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Yup, I'm patiently waiting as well for NHL legacy ability. Sooner the better Artem!

Roscosuper

Post by Roscosuper » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Me too, I'm still hoping it is coming soon. But if it isn't going to be done, I'd like to know that also. IMO it isn't worth playing Be a GM without this editor. If the update is a no-go, I'll understand, but let us know. I can sell this game while the getting's good.

Roscosuper

Post by Roscosuper » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Excellent! Artem delivered and exceeded expectations. With the struggles EA is having on next-gen, NHLView will keep hockey gaming alive for awhile.

Great Job Artem, the 'assets' is a great addition.