No more than 5 goalies per team allowed!!!

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

TomiT14

No more than 5 goalies per team allowed!!!

Post by TomiT14 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:43 am

Hi all!

I never play any long modes in NHL 14 (PS3), such as Season or Be A Pro or whatever they are. I just enjoy playing with different teams, so playing a season with only one team bores me.

That's why I don't really care about the depth chart. I mean, I keep my rosters as up-to-date as possible. But I want to include every player that has been in the NHL this season in their respective NHL teams. So even if Josh Leivo of the Toronto Maple Leafs hasn't played with the big club since start of the season, I still want to include him in the roster.

Yesterday I noticed that every time I tried to play with or against Minnesota Wild, the game would freeze the moment I press the "X" to advance to the jersey selection menu. The only way to get away from that was to restart the system.

It took me a day to figure out what was wrong. Everything worked fine with EA's roster update, but whenever I loaded my own rosters, Minnesota Wild wouldn't work. I compared what was different for the Wild team compared to others. And then it hit me. I had just moved Ilya Bryzgalov from EDM to MIN, making Wild the only team with 6 goalies (Harding, Backstrom, Kuemper, Gustafsson, Curry and now Bryzgalov). I deleted one of the goalies, and tried to load the game - everything worked normally!

So long story short, make sure you have maximum of 5 goalies per team. Otherwise the game will not operate normally!

And a suggestion to Artem, if it's not too much work, you could add a similar warning pop-up to this issue as you have with the 40 players per team.

Artem
Site Admin

Re: No more than 5 goalies per team allowed!!!

Post by Artem » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Thanks for the information Tomi. I will add this restriction to the next version

Owen

Re: No more than 5 goalies per team allowed!!!

Post by Owen » Sun May 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Great info Tomi. Really great to see you're still involved in helping the project!