Newbie: Is what I want possible?

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

b0eheckler

Newbie: Is what I want possible?

Post by b0eheckler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi.
I'm new to the forum and actually haven't owned an NHL game for several years. One of my hobbies is to put together lists of the all time greatest roster for different teams. I have collected hockey cards of these players and have the teams displayed behind glass. To complete my dream I would like to create rosters of these players on thier respective teams, rate thier attributes and play a season between these teams. I may want to limit the teams to only a dozen.
So, I will need to create players that have not played in the NHL for many years. I will need to delete many or most of the current players, and I will need to delete many of the teams. Can I do this? On which versions of NHL? I have a PS3 and a PC. Will it be ridiculously difficult?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my question. If you have an answer I would greatly appreciate your input.
Thanks again. :P

dougie_g

Re: Newbie: Is what I want possible?

Post by dougie_g » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:36 pm

As far as creating players you can create whomever you want, and place them on any team you want. But as far as playing a season with only 12 teams i don't think that's do-able.

b0eheckler

Post by b0eheckler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks Dougie.
Well most of that is good news. I don't really want to play all the teams, as playing the Florida Panthe all time greats doesn't really fit with playing the Canadiens all time greats. But I guess it makes sense that you can't select teams to play a season with. Probably the scheduling code won't allow for playing a season with fewer teams. Thanks for your reply.

dougie_g

Post by dougie_g » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 pm

I don't think anyone has tried playing with less than 30.

It's possible in the editor to make only 12 teams NHL teams, but I would assume the game would freeze....
But again, it hasn't been tried.

If you want to get really in depth, using the generic ea editor and another utility and extracting the db, it's possible to make players helmetless.....

b0eheckler

Post by b0eheckler » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:51 pm

I will purchase the game and play around with it. I expect I can't do too much damage deleting a team, worst case if it doesn't work I can start over. To word that as a question, can I actually scew up the game? If I do something that doesn't work I am not writing over the game DVD? :roll: Dumb question?

dougie_g

Post by dougie_g » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:00 am

I don't think you can delete a team. you can change it's league so it appears that only 12 teams are NHL teams. And no it won't screw up the game, just the roster your editing.

b0eheckler

Post by b0eheckler » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks Dougie,
Yes I tried changing some of the teams to different league but they still show up when you start a season. They are indicated as being in a different league in the game, but appear in the schedule all the same. As you said earlier, it doesn't appear that you can play an NHL season with less than the 29 teams.
I am curious as to how one could create helmetless players if you have the time to answer.

Thanks. Brian.