Easiest Method?

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

dmacgreg37

Easiest Method?

Post by dmacgreg37 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:40 pm

I'm looking at creating past WJHC rosters for every team. I've done it in the past (as far back as NHL 98 or 99 on PS1). This should make the task much easier, as I embark on it again for the first time in 15 years.

So I'm not moving players around (which from my looking around seems to possible be an issue?), would the easiest thing to do, just edit over the players already on their National Teams? This would work for the first 8-10 years, as no one from the 1982-1990 or so WJHC are still playing in the game (a few Europeans MAY be in Finland/Germany/Switzerland) as I get to the very end of the 80's and early 90's.

TomiT14

Re: Easiest Method?

Post by TomiT14 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:39 am

I don't suggest editing over a player, unless you don't care playing NHL or other leagues. I mean, if you overwrite Sidney Crosby on Team Canada, he will be overwritten also in Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh WC and Legends Team.

Of course editing the names for smaller teams like Belarus, Austria and Denmark, that wouldn't be a problem.
I would suggest replacing players in Hidden section and then moving them to the national teams. Hidden players are full of retired players or players playing in a league not included in the game.

dmacgreg37

Re: Easiest Method?

Post by dmacgreg37 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 am

I was considering doing a new roster file for each year, but now that I think about it, many players will continue from year to year, so I'm going to want to work on a rolling file. Thanks for the advice. :)