LW and C swapped on 4-on-4

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

TomiT14

LW and C swapped on 4-on-4

Post by TomiT14 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Nothing big, but in the Team - Lines menu, the forward positions on 4-on-4 lines are swapped. LW is actually the center and C is the winger.

Question, are you planning on including the Additionals tab on team rosters?

Artem
Site Admin

Re: LW and C swapped on 4-on-4

Post by Artem » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:53 am

When you say swapped, do you mean that in game it's the other guy taking the faceoff or actually in the line editor in the game the position is reversed? (sorry for being lazy, I know I can check myself but I don't have the PS3 at my disposal currently)

No additionals will never be in NHLView NG. There are three reasons for it:
- They were an NHLView-specific hack to expand on 25 player limit in the old days. With 40 players in NHL 11+, it's enough for me not to bother
- More importantly, given the new concept of pro-team and the fact that north american leagues are modeled all the way down to minors and juniors in the game, the players should be on their true teams, not in additionals of NHL team.
- Finally, additionals were stored in a separate file whose name was derived from the original file. With consoles, you have to repackage the files in their container thus loosing the ability to add additional file to the package.

There will be a come back of the old feature View Rosters though where you will be able to see the team physical roster (based on main team) and depth chart (based on pro-team). I have not decided yet whether View Rosters will be implemented in v2 or v3.

pezdaddy

Post by pezdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am

any ETA on v2 ?

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Artem wrote:When you say swapped, do you mean that in game it's the other guy taking the faceoff or actually in the line editor in the game the position is reversed? (sorry for being lazy, I know I can check myself but I don't have the PS3 at my disposal currently)
So, if I assign a player to the LW spot on 4-on-4 on NHL View, he will be listed as the Center on Edit Lines screen and in the game taking faceoffs.
4-on-3 Powerplay and 4-men PK units are okay, only the three 4-on-4 lines are swapped.

Hope this helps.