Moving a player from a roster team to hidden

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

jeffforsberg21

Moving a player from a roster team to hidden

Post by jeffforsberg21 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 am

A strange thing happened when I moved Martin Biron from NYR to hidden. I click on the move button, Martin Biron disappears from NYR list but didn't appeared in the hidden list. When I look in the first tab Martin Biron has NYR in the team field but I couldn't find him anymore on the roster list.

Thanks

jeffforsberg21

Re: Moving a player from a roster team to hidden

Post by jeffforsberg21 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Ok, Finally I figured what was my error, it's because of the NYR Winter Classic team, the Martin Biron that I saw on NYR was in fact in WC team

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:05 am

This is actually a bug. When you move a player to hidden, he is supposed to be removed from all teams. That's why Biron never appeared in Hidden.

TealShark

Post by TealShark » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Artem wrote:This is actually a bug. When you move a player to hidden, he is supposed to be removed from all teams. That's why Biron never appeared in Hidden.
I kind of like this bug myself, especially since it allows me to remove duplicated players from national teams without their active rostered counterpart also disappearing.

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:23 am

TealShark wrote:
Artem wrote:This is actually a bug. When you move a player to hidden, he is supposed to be removed from all teams. That's why Biron never appeared in Hidden.
I kind of like this bug myself, especially since it allows me to remove duplicated players from national teams without their active rostered counterpart also disappearing.
That already happens when using the Delete function. There's no use that both Delete and Hidden functions do the same thing.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:34 am

Yes, as Tomi explains to keep other copies where rhey are, use Delete function. Moving a player to Hidden should by definition remove all instances since thats what Hidden team is, players with no instances. Of course, due to a bug that does not happen currently.

TealShark

Post by TealShark » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Good to know, thanks! I guess I was just a little scared to hit the delete button. :)

dougie_g

Post by dougie_g » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:49 pm

To work around this bug, delete the extra instances of the player, if he is on a all-star,national,or winter classic team.Delete these instances.
Then you are able to move the player to hidden.