NHL View for NHL14

This board is for discussion and questions about the upcoming NHLView for new generation consoles

Moderator: Owen

DPyro

Re: NHL View for NHL14

Post by DPyro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Already found a bug. Under teams, try changing the division. It messes up the database and you can't change it back.

dougie_g

Post by dougie_g » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:11 pm

NHLVIEW NG

Thank you for all the hard work Artem

How do we get the new edited roster back into the game ?????

go to help/users guide/getting started

Dah

Post by Dah » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 pm

It's probably because I have a small pc (aspire one) but I don't see all the career data's options (contract extension).

All the players I already created have the same overall (48)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DPyro

Post by DPyro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 am

Fixed some minor typos in your help file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:44 am

Ok, I copied my rosters in a hurry this morning, but I'm pretty sure that I did copy the right save file. Now, when I try to open the roster in NHLView for editing, I get this error message: "No valid TDB database found in the savegame."

Some additional info: European version. Done huge amount of edits and transactions ingame using EA roster 4 as a base.

Leinomania

Post by Leinomania » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:57 am

Mikey87 wrote:Ok, I copied my rosters in a hurry this morning, but I'm pretty sure that I did copy the right save file. Now, when I try to open the roster in NHLView for editing, I get this error message: "No valid TDB database found in the savegame."

Some additional info: European version. Done huge amount of edits and transactions ingame using EA roster 4 as a base.
I have the same exact problem and info. But I also downloaded the newest NHL rosters from EA + tried both of the default rosters (pre and after draft) but to no avail.

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:28 am

Leinomania wrote:
Mikey87 wrote:Ok, I copied my rosters in a hurry this morning, but I'm pretty sure that I did copy the right save file. Now, when I try to open the roster in NHLView for editing, I get this error message: "No valid TDB database found in the savegame."

I have the same exact problem and info. But I also downloaded the newest NHL rosters from EA + tried both of the default rosters (pre and after draft) but to no avail.
I tried the same and no luck. Does this have something to do with us using european version? I downloaded an us version from os forums and was able to open and edit that one without any problems. When I try to open the param.sfo file, i get an error message "The specified database does not appear to be a valid NHL roster."

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 am

Did you copy to the usb key the save that is of type "Online Roster" instead of "Roster"? Online rosters are not editable.
Leinomania wrote:

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:48 am

Are you sure you properly open the rosters? You are not supposed to "open param.sfo" file. To open PS3 savegame, there is a separate button that prompts you to choose the directory where param.sfo is located.
Mikey87 wrote:
Leinomania wrote:

I tried the same and no luck. Does this have something to do with us using european version? I downloaded an us version from os forums and was able to open and edit that one without any problems. When I try to open the param.sfo file, i get an error message "The specified database does not appear to be a valid NHL roster."

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks, but unfortunately, I can't use it as is. I need to integrate the differences in the source :(
DPyro wrote:Fixed some minor typos in your help file.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:53 am

Guys, it would be better if you could post bug reports in different threads. This way I can address them individually. Otherwise, it's harder to follow. The ones that are being discussed in this thread can stay here though. Thanks.

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:03 am

Artem wrote:Did you copy to the usb key the save that is of type "Online Roster" instead of "Roster"? Online rosters are not editable.
Leinomania wrote:

Not sure. Dumb question.. How does one save as roster instead of online roster?

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:11 am

When you browse in Save Game Data Utility, each entry has a name that you assign when you save and a Content Type. The content type will show "Roster" for normal rosters that NHLView NG can open.

When you save the roster in the game, it will always save it as normal roster. So to be sure you can always go in game, save the roster and grab the most recent entry in Save Game Data Utility.

Artem
Site Admin

Post by Artem » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 am

I'll see if I can do something about small screens, but it does require some non-trivial changes so I do not promise it will be fixed right away.
As for overalls, it's explained in the User Guide.
Dah wrote:It's probably because I have a small pc (aspire one) but I don't see all the career data's options (contract extension).

All the players I already created have the same overall (48)

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 am

Ok. So I deleted all the other roster files. Loaded and saved my own rosters ingame, exit the game, and using the save game data utility, I see only one roster file, which is the right one, since it's named roster1. However, the result is still the same.

I'm not that familiar with ps3 or consoles in general for that matter, so this really might be a user issue, but I can't find anything that I could do otherwise.